The syllabus is evolved from the Senior Secondary School teaching syllabus and is intended to indicate the scope of the course for Physics examination.
It is structured with the conceptual approach. The broad concepts of matter, position, motion and time; energy; waves; fields; Atomic and Nuclear Physics, electronics are considered and each concept forms a part on which other sub-concepts are further based.
The aims of the syllabus are to enable candidates
(1) acquire proper understanding of the basic principles and applications of
(2) develop scientific skills and attitudes as pre-requisites for further scientific
(3) recognize the usefulness, and limitations of scientific method to appreciate
its applicability ion other disciplines and in every life;
(4) develop abilities, attitudes and skills that encourage efficient and safe
(5) develop scientific attitudes such as accuracy, precision, objectivity, integrity,
initiative and inventiveness.